For those who are weakened by a failing heart, hospice offers valuable services that can help them live more comfortably, supported by a specially trained health care team.
Patients and their loved ones should consider these factors when making the decision to choose hospice's comprehensive care and management of symptoms of End Stage Cardiac Disease:
- Are heart medications no longer helping to manage your symptoms?
- Are you noticing that the symptoms are occurring even at rest?
- Is shortness of breath or pain so severe that you can no longer do what you want and need to do?
- Are hospitalizations becoming more frequent?
- Are there other existing medical conditions such as lung disease or kidney dysfunction?
- Has your physician told you that procedures or surgeries are not an option?
- Are you and your loved ones seeking comfort care to improve quality of life?
Your answers and a discussion with your doctor can help you make a decision about your goals of care.
Cardiology Newsletter - April 2012
Pulmonology Newsletter - April 2012